Monday, March 3, 2014

Birthday Cards with My Mind's Eye

Hi everyone!

Are you as tired as I am of going from 30 degrees to 75 degrees and back to 40 degrees? Yes, I know I live in Houston and this is "normal".  That doesn't mean I have to *like* the cold front coming in -- AGAIN -- that will plummet us back into winter.

Well, to help combat the cold, winter doldrums, I wanted to share with you some fun birthday cards that I made using My Mind's Eye Cut and Paste "Flair" collection (if you know about my paper hoarding, then I should tell you that the deepest stack of paper I always have is from My Mind's Eye...I have loved them since they started, and still have a few pieces of their earliest collections stashed away.)

The card on the right was shared as part of the Practical Stampers birthday card post, but I wanted to share all three with you here today.



Happy Birthday & Many More - 4.25" x 5.5" card

The MME Cut & Paste collection sports ampersands, and I took that theme with the first card and cut an ampersand using my Cameo.  I used pop dots to bring the ampersand up from the chevron paper mat, which I framed with black cardstock.  That is again framed with the ombre blue paper, which is also matted with black cardstock.  I stamped the "Happy birthday" on the pink ombre paper and cut it to fit in the CTMH black tag that I tied onto the card with twine.  Next I stamped the dashed line and the "many more" on the bottom.  Embellished with two gems, and done!



Today Is Your Day - 5" x 7" card

This next card is simple and geometrical.  I first cut the "Today Is Your Day" card from the cardstock and framed with black cardstock.  I sewed through the triangles in black thread. This is matted onto a background of half pink/half blue ombre paper from the collection, which I sewed twice around as a frame, matted onto white cardstock, and then adhered to a black cardstock frame.  Finally, I cut several squares of various papers into 2" squares and cut diagonally to create triangles.  I cut black cardstock squares slightly bigger and again diagonally to create the triangle mats.  I layered them, sewed along them, and then put the "Celebrate" banner over with a brad.



Happy Birthday/Celebrate - 4.25" x 5.5" card

I cut some of the blue ombre paper and random-stamped the "Celebrate" CTMH stamp in second and third generation, finishing with a first generation bottom center and matting with the pink ombre paper (both inked along the edges).  I cut the polka dot paper rectangle, and framed it with distressed black cardstock.  I stamped the frame and "Happy Bithday" and fussy cut around the frame.  Finally, I cut a square of the flower paper, adhered it to the black CTMH tag, tied in the black CTMH ribbon, and put the button with twine in the middle.  I finished the card three Basic Grey candy buttons and one of my favorites: a Maya Road star pin.


Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you are staying warm wherever you are.

Hot chocolate and whipped cream for everyone!
Majken Pullin

Materials Used:
My Mind's Eye - Cut & Paste "Flair" collection (paper, brads)
CTMH black ribbon, black tag charm, twine, Hollyhock ink, Lagoon ink, black cardstock
CTMH stamps:  D1475 "Celebrate"; C1429 "Happy birthday" and frame; D1475 "Many More"; C1441 dashed line; C1394 "celebrate"; C1257 "Happy Birthday"
Basic Grey candy buttons
Doodlebug Design mini-pearls
Maya Road star pin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic