Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Card Sketches with Practical Scrappers

Hello everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your day today.  I've been so busy scrapping that I have fallen a little behind in my card-making.  BUT, I am catching up because of the sketches from Practical Scrappers and a few others.  

I wanted to share two cards with you based on sketches for Practical Scrappers, and please go check out all the wonderful creations from the other talented Practical Scrappers designers!

My first card is based on a sketch by Christine Meyer.  The sketch:



I love the sketch!  And it made me really eager for spring (more than I already was!).  I opted to do a 5" x 7" card and use some Simple Stories stash of 100 Days of Summer "Simple Pleasures" paper.  Doesn't it make you want the warm days of early summer to get here?


I layered the flower pattern on CTMH Cranberry cardstock.  On top of that is white cardstock edged with CTMH Juniper ink.  I outlined the white cardstock with machine stitching in red.  The butterflies were created on my Cricut Imagine using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge...Butterfly #1 and the layer.  I alternated the base and layer for the butterflies and left a few of the smaller ones unlayered.



I finished the card with the sentiment, some small hearts stamped with Juniper ink, and some red gems.  I purposely didn't adhere the wings or wing layers down so they'd add some dimension.



My second card is based on a card by Patty Grau Selah.  Here's the sketch:


And here's my rendition (I chose to do another 5" x 7" card):



I used My Mind's Eye Now & Then "Milo" for this card.  It's such a fresh line!  I started by layering the silver chevron pattern on CTMH Outdoor Denim cardstock and stitching in dark blue along the bottom silver chevron.

I layered the N&T Inspired Forest paper onto Outdoor Denim cardstock and then cut a circle out of the middle.  I layered some old fibers I had around the edge of the circle.  



To finish the card, I cut a few banners, outlined with Outdoor Denim ink and layered underneath the center.  I fussycut several flowers out (one from the paper and the rest stamped on the back).  After I adhered them down (one with a pop dot to create dimension), I put some N&T Enamel Dots in the centers of the flowers.  The "Thanks" sticker completed the card.

I hope you enjoyed the cards, and we'd love to see your version of these sketches, so don't be shy in sharing them.

See you soon...and until then, chocolate dreams!

Majken Pullin




2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic