Friday, April 11, 2014

Amazing * Wild * Rad

Hello everyone!

I'm back for two in a row - woohoo!  I recently completed a layout of my son's visit to the park using a sketch #75 from My Scraps & More.  As soon as I saw Bella Blvd's Max collection, I HAD to have it for my son.  It has camouflage, sharks, skulls and crossbones, and more.  And my son adores his camouflage shorts.  Like, seriously.  The other thing he adores?  His cowboy boots that recently *fell apart* because he wore them so much.  Here's my Amazing-Wild-Rad boy:



It's based off this MSAM sketch:



The grid is so cool!  As soon as I saw the sketch and looked through the Max papers, I knew the black paper with the words was going to be part of the grid and my title.  I cut out the Amazing Wild Rad section and paired it with a camouflage strip to be the other part of my grid divider.  After trimming to create arrows, I stitched along the middle in orange thread.

I had three photos, so I trimmed them and left the bottom left square as an embellishment using the star patterned paper.  I inked the square in Sunset ink and doodled along the inside edge.  I covered a chipboard star in the speech bubble paper to give more dimension.  I stamped "a good day" in Olive ink underneath and adhered some stars to the bottom left side of the square.



The top left of the grid uses the striped paper that I cut a frame from.  I inked along the inside edge of the frame to help define the photo and adhered a green star from the Max sticker sheet on the bump of the frame.  I included a black button with orange twine in the center of the star.  Next, I stamped arrows in Olive ink to the left of the photo.  I cut a square from the speech bubble paper and cut diagonally in half to use as a corner, then stitched the edge.



The photo in the top right section of the grid was inked with black Stazon along the edges for definition and layered on the orange guitar paper.  I glued a wooden arrow, the "i do love you" tab, the phrase sticker, and two stars to embellish this section.



The photo in the final section, the bottom right grid, was also outlined in black Stazon ink and matted with the blue chevron paper.  I inked the edges of the "#AWESOME" sticker and put that above arrows stamped with Sunset ink.  My journaling is below this photo.



Simple yet detailed is how I'd describe this sketch and layout.  I had so much fun creating it, and I can't wait to use more MSAM sketches!  They put out a few each month, so don't forget to check them out, use them, and link them up yourself!

Have a super weekend everyone!

Majken

10 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, gorgeous LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Awesome LO! I love every bit of it!! Thanks for playing at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch! Love the stars, stitching and camo paper! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun page! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cool boy page and LOVE LOVE the stitching!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Majken this is so incredibly fantastic! So glad you played along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page! Love the stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this! What an awesome masculine page! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NICE WORK!! THANKS FOR PLAYING AT MY SCRAPS N MORE! this is such a great page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic