Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Card Sketch: You Are My Happy

Hello fellow choco/scrappy friends!  Today I wanted to share a card with you, one I created for the Practical Scrappers card sketch for April.  I love Basic Grey, and when I saw the sketch by Christine Meyer, I knew the Mon Ami collection would be perfect for it.



Here's the "You are my happy" card that I created with it:



I took the gray paper and cut a 4.25" x 6.5" piece for the card base.  I cut the flower paper (2.75" x 4") and the green paper (3.5" x 4") and adhered them to the gray base.  I then stitched twice in dark gray thread around the inside of the rectangle created with the two pieces.  Next I cut a strip of the orange paper (5/8" x 4.25") and adhered that over the seam of the two pieces.

I put a piece of Fancy Pants Artist Edition filter paper (pinking edge) in the center and then stitched lines from the center in dark orange thread to create a sunshine effect.



Next I fussycut several of the flower clusters from the patterned paper and layered them over the center using 3D pop dots.  I cut a flower for the center using gray paper, green paper, a punched flower, and an orange circle from the paper.  I inked a few of the edges and used a 3D pop dot to include it as my center layer.



To finish the card, I stamped "You are my HAPPY" (from the Close To My Heart National Stamping Month special stamp set from 2013) in Juniper ink in the bottom right corner rather than the top center since I used a patterned paper on the top.

I hope you liked my rendition of the sketch.  I'd love to see what you make with it and what papers and color combinations you choose.  Share the sketch and link up what you create on the Practical Scrappers blog or Facebook page.

Have a super, chocolate/scrappy-filled week!

Majken




1 comment:

  1. This is such a fantastic card! You absolutely rocked that sketch! Your paper choices are gorgeous and I love all of the depth and layering in this. Love the fussy cutting you did, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic