Thursday, April 17, 2014

#TBT - Paxton's Fourth Birthday {Celebrate}

It's Throwback Thursday, y'all!  I'm starting a new feature on my blog.  Every other Thursday I will share either an older layout or a new rendition of an older layout (I have a lot of pages that were done in the late 90s that I'm itching to re-do!).  I hope you enjoy this new feature.

Today's layout is only going back about 18 months to my son's fourth birthday.  I love this layout because a) it uses a My Mind's Eye collection (Boy Crazy), 2) it's simple yet polished, and c) it is a My Mind's Eye collection (oh, did I already say that??).  Here's the 2-page layout:


I knew the photos were colorful, so I opted to use the grid paper for my background, and I double-stitched around the grid using a non-straight stitch with a zig-zag stitch in some places.  I crossed the corners to stitch to the ends of the papers -- I think the effect is cool.




I layered the star papers and some of the Studio Calico Darling Dear chevron vellum as the mat for the photos.  I distressed the blue star paper for more dimension and used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher for stapling the vellum to the page.  I fussycut some chevrons from the chevron papers to stitch in the top left and bottom right of my layout.




I cut stars and adhered flat to the page, and I also cut some of the papers to make chipboard stars.  Some punched bursts, a tab for journaling, a stamped "celebrate", and enamel dots finish the layout.



I hope you enjoyed our short journey back in time!  Come back in two weeks to see a TBT layout that's seen a much-needed "take 2"!

Have a wonderful day,
Majken

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic