Thursday, July 3, 2014

Revisiting Independence Days Past

Howdy from Texas, y'all!  I hope you had a fun Canada Day or have a fun July 4th planned!  Other than mosquitos, I'm looking forward to watching the fireworks this year (we are finally not in a drought).  The kids enjoy them so much!  In that spirit, I'm skipping my normal TBT post.  Today's layout is a fun one celebrating my two monkeys on July 4th 2009 and 2010.  I used Echo Park's Independence Day Mini Theme:



I used a pagemaps sketch from the Scrapbook & Cards Today Summer sketches:


After layering the red stars and blue stripes paper, I sewed the rectangle in white and edged the left side of the red star paper in navy thread.  I matted the two photos with white cardstock with inked edges.  I cut two squares with coordinating paper and embellished them using the mini-theme's stickers, some wax thread, some buttons, and some enamel dots.  I added some knotted ribbon in navy and red.  I cut two little white banners to stamp the years on and matched with the appropriate photo.


I added a journal spot, and put a star with a red gem in the bottom right of the page.


I hope you have a great weekend planned and take some good photos documenting your own celebrations, large and small.  

Happy birthday, America!

Majken

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful page and amazing the difference in the kiddos in one year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and love the way you scrapped two photos on the same day, one year apart. What a great way of emphasizing how much they've grown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic