Friday, April 3, 2015

Lucky 13 - My Scraps & More Sketch #103 Reveal

Hi sketchy, scrappy folks out there in papercrafting land!  Happy Friday!

I'm having a blast participating with the My Scraps & More sketch team, and today's reveal has a great sketch created by Audrey Yeager.  See my layout below, and then head over to the MSAM sketch blog to see how everyone else interpreted the sketch.  I used Pinkfresh Studio's Up In The Clouds collection.  

My daughter recently turned thirteen (eek!), and we celebrated with a dinner out at the restaurant of her choice.  


My layout base was a Bazzill textured cardstock I had in my stash and matched the Pinkfresh very nicely.  And I wanted the photo to rest on the neutral paper with the doodled hearts and stars, so I actually worked with that next.

After I had that part together, I inked the paper edges with a blue-green ink and layered the pink "Love" paper and the blue stitched papers behind it angled similarly to the sketch.  Once I had the layers the way I wanted them, I cut the title numbers from the center of the blue stitched paper since I knew that would be hidden by the layers on top.  This is a great way to save paper!



I finished the title with ink and stitching and then used Heidi Swapp alphas to spell "Lucky" over it.

For the top strip, I angled the doodle paper, inked the edge and stitched across it.  Then I included some of the Pinkfresh hearts, some gems, and a wooden star.  You can also see I outlined and filled in several of the hearts with a Gelly Roll glitter pen.  I stitched around several parts of my layered papers.



Next, I created an embellishment cluster using a Heidi Swapp "shine", another Pinkfresh heart, and a wooden arrow.



I completed the layout with journaling.  You can see more hearts and stars filled in with a Gelly Roll glitter pen.



I hope you join us with this sketch!  Post your interpretation of the sketch during April for a chance at a great prize from My Scraps & More.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Majken

5 comments:

  1. Amazing layout...love your layering and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your stitching is amazing!!! LOVE it and the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the angles and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layers and I love your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic