Friday, May 15, 2015

{I am} Simply me...on a journey - MSAM sketch #106 reveal

Hi there everyone!  So glad you can visit today for a a layout I created for the My Scraps & More sketch blog for sketch #106 by Ana Castro.  Such a fun sketch with the photo slides that could also be film slides.  I also am absolutely in LOVE with the Simple Stories I AM collection.  Such great colors and elements!  Don't you think they'd be wise to make an "I AM 2" collection like they did for Say Cheese??  Crossing fingers!  Take a look at my layout below and then head over the MSAM sketch blog to see everyone else's creations.  Enter your layout for a chance at the May prize from MSAM!



 Such a fun collection - we storytellers and memory makers just don't get in front of the camera and pages as often as we should!  I started with the base of the brick background.  I took the orangy-pink polka dot paper and cut six photo slides using my Cameo with this cut file...three of my cuts have the "PHOTO" in the bottom.  And I cut one using the black flower paper.



After placing my photo slide cuts and photos out, I just started choosing the ephemera that worked for what I liked!  I cut a few banners, made a few stitches, placed some lacey washi tape, and adhered everything down.

That time that the layout came together so quickly because the collection is that awesome....includes this layout.  :)

Of course, I was compelled to use "I AM" for my title.  My extended title going diagonally from top right to bottom left is "I am simply me on a journey".  




My private journaling spot is hidden, tucked behind the photo with the speech bubble - I used a tag from the ephemera to write what I wanted.  I'm not normally drawn to gold, but it's just too pretty with this collection NOT to use!



I finished the layout sprinkling a few enamel dots around the page.

Have you used photo slides or film strips on a page, and if so, did you like how it turned out?  I must admit this page makes me happy.  :)

Don't forget to play along with the May sketches at MSAM sketch blog for your chance at the May prize!  If you haven't purchased anything in this collection, go grab some soon!

See you soon back again in scrap-land!

Majken

1 comment:

  1. love your fun page with this line and all the frames!!! amazing LO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic