Monday, September 28, 2015

Hello Simple Life - Stuck?! Sketch

Hi everyone!  I know everyone is now looking to autumn-themed layouts, but I'm still enjoying summer.  :)  With that spirit, I wanted to use more of my Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection - I think it's my favorite Simple Stories collection so far.  The colors are amazing!  I also found this sketch at Stuck?! Sketches and really wanted to leverage it.  When I think of "The Simple Life", this vacation in Colorado Springs four summers ago is what popped into my head, so I ran with it!



I was saving the "Shine On" sheet for something and decided this sketch was it!  I first sewed along some of the sun rays in gold thread to define them and I went over a few of the rays twice to add interest.  I trimmed a strip of the "Hello" paper for the bottom to help anchor the page.


The Be Happy sticker was perfect for the center to cover where the sewed lines met.

Then I just started cutting and layering more Summer Vibes papers for the journal spot and photo spot.  I found a clear acetate tag with gold triangles (and some other elements you will see) from Pink Paislee's Citrus Bliss Ephemera pack and a "five o'clock somewhere" wood element in my stash and knew I wanted to incorporate them!  Once I had most of my papers trimmed, I cut a few circles of the "Just Beachy" wood-grain paper.


I created the title by trimming "Simple Life" from one of the papers.  I have a combo stamp/die set by KI Memories by Hampton Arts for Sizzix and stamped "hello" using StazOn brown ink onto a small piece of Shine On paper then cut with my Big Shot.

For the journaling spot, I used a couple of the rectangles from the Journaling Cards paper as well as a butterfly from my stash, some Summer Vibe stickers, a sequin and enamel dots.  I included the "memory" wooden element above it. 


Finally, I put a little embellishment spot in the upper right corner to complete the triangle for the wooden elements, even though this wasn't part of the sketch.  I used another acetate banner, some stickers, and sewing. 


Here is the sketch:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Make it a wonderful week.

Majken

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful layout, love the stitching on the back! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic