Friday, October 16, 2015

Good Times | My Scraps & More sketch 116 reveal

Welcome back, my scrappy friends!  Today is reveal day for My Scraps & More sketch 116. It's a sketch with a great angled pattern, and I wanted to capture a lunch I got to enjoy with my mom recently as she returned from her 50th high school reunion.  Yes, 50 years! She had so much fun, which made me happy.  Because the drive is so long, she stopped to stay with us for a a couple of nights before heading the rest of the way home, and we got to go out for a girls' lunch!


I used the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection from the My Scraps & More store.  I wanted the colors to really pop, so I started with a base of American Crafts black textured cardstock.  Then I chose a few papers to cut angled strips in varying widths.  After adhering them to my base, I sewed gold thread alongside most of the strips.  I am loving the gold sewing (here's some on another layout and some cards.  I think I'll leave the gold thread in my machine for awhile longer!)

Once I had the strips down, I matted my photos and then adhered them to a piece of the gold foil star vellum - it's sooo pretty!  I love how the #beauty circle is above my pretty mom.  :)


I used some Amy Tan Rise & Shine gold phrase Thickers to create my "good times" title.  (I have also used the same title on this layout and the Thickers on this layout!)


Then instead of journaling on the right bottom side, I opted to put mine in the lighter circle on the bottom left.


Some gold mist splatters and a few puffy stickers from the collection and the layout came together!  Here is Jessy Christopher's fun sketch below...and go check out her layout as well as the other designers' takes on it!  Then go grab some chocolate and do a little shopping from My Scraps & More store and link up for your chance at the Oct. prize! 

  
Have a super weekend!

Majken

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic