Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pick a Pumpkin

Happy day out there in scrappy land!  Please, grab some chocolate and stay for a few minutes.  Today I've dipped my toes into fall - the weather has already started to cool just a bit here in Texas.  Yay!

Today I have a 2-page layout for you.  I haven't done one of these in awhile and I felt I had some good photos to spread out for this one.  I used the third one down from Scrapbook & Cards Magazine fall sketches for this one, stretching it into two pages, and I kept it simple.

I started with kraft cardstock and a Jillibean Soup placemat cut file which I cut using my Cameo and CTMH Cashmere cardstock.  I added a border to the left and right side of each page with some sewn strips.



I sewed around some of the circles on the placemat and also layered a green striped Bella Blvd paper behind one (with a punched star over it in a yellow stripe paper).


Over the right side of the placemat, I put black corrugate paper from Fancy Pants Designs.  It adds great texture!  I also cut a green stripe tab to tuck behind the photo of my sweet son, and added a few black enamel stars from Bella Blvd.  I also created an embellishment circle with sewing and a chipboard element from Bella Blvd.  I love my little pumpkins!  :)


For my title, I cut "PICK A" from black textured cardstock, and I cut "pumpkin" in a different font using the orange stripe paper.


I added another green stripe tab with a black enamel heart.  Another stitched circle and chipboard combo with another enamel element:


Then I added a strip of printed journaling to the side of the photo area, with a punched star on each side.


I need to go back and add the date, but this was fall 2014.

Well, that's all for me today!  I supposed we are getting close to adding hot chocolate to our evenings.  For me, that's the best part of cold weather.  :)

Have a fabulous week!

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic