Monday, June 13, 2016

Let's Party Birthday Cards

Happy Monday, y'all!  Yesterday was a rainy day, so the kids and I made some chocolate cupcakes just for fun using a Ghirardelli mix and homemade icing from the recipe on the back.  They are delicious!  That got me remembering some birthday cards I made recently with the very fun Simple Stories Let's Party collection.  (I also created a layout for my son's birthday).

For this first card, I trimmed one of the journal squares, distressed it, and layered it over a strip of patterned paper.  Some enamel dots and staples, and it was a quick and nice card!



Angled view:



My next card is perfect for a boy!  I used another journal card, lined with stripe paper matted onto aqua paper, and stitched along the edges.  Enamel dots, a sticker, and a foiled star complete it.


Here's a better look at the foiled star that I created using my PixScan mat and my Mini Minc.



I was inspired for card number three by photo corners.  I created two different size triangles from square scrap pieces of the red Happy Birthday paper.  A few stickers, a New Bradz, and some stitching were finishing touches!



I was inspired for this last card by my Heidi Swapp Memorydex dies that I just got on sale.  I used one to cut a file folder out of the red Happy Birthday paper (love that paper!!) and used it as my base.  A few more stickers, some more enamel dots, and stitching...et voila!  I'm sending this one to my brother for his birthday!



That's it for me today.  I hope you are inspired to create some cards - they don't have to be time-consuming to be pretty!

Chocolate and hugs,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic