Monday, February 13, 2017

Route 66 Adventure - Scrapbook & Cards Today Jan. Sketch Challenge

Howdy, everyone!  I decided to participate on Scrapbook & Cards Today's January sketch challenge.  I didn't win those awesome goodies, but SCT did share my layout on their blog! I only wish I had had the time to photo my layout using natural light - but I had to meet the deadline, so I used what I could.  I've updated it for you here today. 

The sketch had lots of photos, and I had just the thing to fill in all those 2x2s - our recent visit to the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas.  It was a gorgeous day!




I also created a fun layout with photos from this day for Creative Scrappers sketch 303 if you missed it.


After I had my photos where I wanted them, I created a strip underneath using different size triangles from multiple papers, and I sewed along the top of the strip using a zig zag stitch.  I used a tag and a puffy heart sticker for my journaling.


On the top, I cut two thin strips of paper and sewed there, too.  Love these puffy heart stickers!



For the title, I used my die cut to create the scalloped circle and faux stitched circle.  Alpha stickers and the foam "adventure" create my fun title.  More enamel pieces plus more hearts were so fun to use!



Of course, you can't forget those acrylic clouds!  I used my tiny attacher to staple them to my page.



Thanks for stopping by - don't forget to grab your piece of chocolate on the way out.  :)

Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic