Saturday, February 11, 2017

{Take It In} Creative Scrappers Sketch 303

Hello and happy February, y'all.  It was my turn on the Creative Scrappers blog on Thursday, and I thought I'd share here as well.  I used the colorful Shimelle's Go Now Go collection - the bright colors really work well with the spray-paint "canvas" in my photos!  We visited the Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo, Texas during our Christmas vacation visiting family - isn't this a great sketch??


I created fairly close to the sketch, using 2 photos.  But I switched up the straight strips by fussycutting some of the chevron paper to overlay the polka dot paper.  And to add some additional texture, I stitched and adhered star and heart enamels along the chevron.  

I even found a cut file in the shape of an antique car in the Silhouette store, cut out ten, and stood them up diagonally just like you see off Historic Route 66.


Here's a peek at the photo with a piece of ephemera I used for my title, along with a puffy heart sticker.


And here's the other photo area with some layers (and more enamel embellishments).


And last - but not least - you can see my journaling strips and an embellishment area in the top right.


I hope I've inspired you to come play along by using the sketch in a unique way!  Please link up any projects you create using the "Add Your Link" button on the bottom of the CS sketch reveal page.

Don't forget to also tag your project on Instagram (@CreativeScrappers) with the hashtag #CSSketch303 and #CreatingWithSketches!  Follow me on Instagram too - I'll see you there!

Have a super day.
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic