Sunday, April 2, 2017

{Live Today} Creative Scrappers Sketch 305 with Lovely Day

Hello out there scrappy friends-

Today I'm up on the Creative Scrappers blog kicking off the Design Team's take on sketch 305 for April.  Our sponsor is The Cut Shoppe, and I had so much fun using two of Ashley's cut files!  I used Oodles of Doodles for the spiral circles and Spring Fling for the flowers at the bottom.  It's a fun and whimsical sketch, and I decided to use Dear Lizzy Lovely Day - it's so pretty and colorful!  I cannot get enough of that blue floral paper (full disclosure, I had to order more of it!).  Here's my layout.


 After deciding on photos of my daughter when she was two, I planned out the sizes I wanted to print.  Then I planned the paper square sizes and circle sizes.  Next I cut those spiral circles using my Cameo and adhered everything to textured white cardstock that I had spattered with two colors of ink.  Finally I sewed inside and outside each square as well as in the spiral circle.  So fun!


After adhering the photos, it was easy to put the chipboard title, some enamel dots and stickers, and some journaling strips.


 The chipboard hearts and flowers are so lovely!  I felt the bottom needed an anchor, so I cut a thin strip of the blue floral paper and stitched across.  And then I cut 3 flowers out from the Spring Fling cut file set and "planted" them in the strip.



And here is the sketch.


So come play with this fun sketch, and link up on the Creative Scrappers blog and Instagram using hashtags:  #creatingwithsketches and #CSsketch305 and tagging @creativescrappers.  

Thanks for visiting with me today!  Have a fun week - and make sure you enjoy some chocolate, too.

xoxo,
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They give me nearly as many endorphins as chocolate does. :) Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @chocoscrapaholic